Thursday, June 3, 2010

Treasure Chest Thursday -- Photo by a String

Thorolf Haugen and Gyda Kristiansen circa 1935

Last summer, my uncle gave me two of my grandmother's old photo albums.  I am so lucky! One of them had mostly my father's baby pictures, which included pictures with my great-grandparents and great-great grandparents.  The other album had pictures of my grandparents before they were married and as a young married couple.  There are several pictures of a romantic camping trip they took together, and many are of the two of them together. 

So how did they manage this in those days with an old-fashioned camera and no one to take their picture? 

My grandfather tied a string to the shutter button of the camera and pulled it each time.  I always thought this was a pretty neat idea!  Here is a picture of the two of them where you can see the string my grandfather pulls to take the shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment