Monday, November 29, 2010

The Digital Norwegian National Library

I was really excited to find a great number of Norwegian books digitized and available for free from the National Library in Norway (click here).  I tested it out by searching for some bygdeboks I really wanted, and I found several!  These books are essential sources of information for Norwegian genealogy research.  The ones I found were downloadable as a PDF, too.  Some books haven't been digitized yet, but I believe they eventually will be.  The site does say that in some cases books may not be available for download outside of Norway due to copyright issues.  Check it out!

1 comment:

  1. I am really glad I found your blog. My family is from Halden, Norway. (Unfortunately, I've never been able to travel there.) Their last name is Waleur, though it was changed from Valeur between 1900 and 1910. I just wanted to let you know that I like your blog, and I love your signature!

    --Jill Hurley
    New Jersey, USA

    ReplyDelete