Monday, September 28, 2009

Tombstone Tuesday -- Eleonore Ludvike Haugen

My grandfather's older sister, my Tante Nore, was born in Borge, Oestfold, Norway on March 19, 1908. She was a sweet woman who always came across happy and extremely genuine. She had a beautiful home, and she loved to travel. I still have a ring she brought me from Rome when I was about 10 years old. And I remember when she came to visit us while we were in Spain one summer. She returned to Spain several times after that visit because she loved it there. As I understand it, she was also a woman of great faith. Tante Nore never married. She died May 15, 1993 in Baerums Verk, Norway.

Note to self: I must ask my father more information about his Tante (aunt) Nore.
  

Nore's grave is in Bryn Kirke, Baerums Verk


Eleonore Haugen, 3 years old


At the house in Dyrmyrgata, Hellebekk
while she stayed with my gg-grandparents
Emil and Hanna Haugen


In the 1980's

No comments:

Post a Comment