Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Wordless Wednesday -- Ellen Hansen (Christophersen)

This picture is one of my latest prizes!  My parents recently went to Salt Lake City and met descendants of my ggg-grandmother Ellen Hansdatter (Christophersen) born in Baerum, Norway 27 August, 1822 and deceased in Salt Lake City, Utah, 24 March, 1899.  Her son Martin Christophersen became a Mormon and an important figure in the church.  She followed in his footsteps and moved to Utah, along with another son and a daughter.  Her other daughter, my gg-grandmother Jonette, stayed in Norway and remained Lutheran -- as did her descendants.  I only discovered this Mormon branch and my ggg-grandmother's grave in Salt Lake City last summer (2009).  It has been an exciting journey, and now I have her picture!!!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Astrid, Thank you for your comment about my old pictures. I like that kind of old photos. I don´t have so many, but I got an old photo album that had belong to my grandmother and grandfather. I will put them on the blog. I don´t know who all the people are, but I am very happy to have them anyway. I think they must be quite close to the family or perhaps close friend to the famliy, and someday, perhaps, somebody recognize them...I like your photos too, I think you are happy to have get them, like the photo of Ellen! ..and Pasquale! ..and Jordbärhaugen, nice name! Well, it is different people and different life stories. Regards, Yvonne

    ReplyDelete